Author: Caitlin Suter, MS
Not quite sure how to satisfy those savory cravings in a healthy way?
With a planning, savory snacks can pack lots of protein, healthy fats, crunchy textures, and a punch of flavor.
We’ve put together a list of 18 healthy savory snacks (in no particular order) to inspire you.
- 2 tbsp. hummus + 10 whole grain crackers + 1/2 cup raw veggies
- 1/4 cup roasted chickpeas
- 1 cup edamame (or 1/2 cup shelled edamame)
- 2 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1 cup homemade kale chips
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 10 whole grain crackers + 1 oz. cheese
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese + 2 tbsp. mix nuts
- 2 rice cakes + 2 tbsp. guacamole
- 2 hard-boiled eggs topped with paprika
- 1 slice toast + 1/4 avocado + salt + pepper
- 1 oz. tortilla chips + 1/4 cup salsa
- 1-2 pickles
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1/3 cup jerky