Circuit training is a great way to get to get in a good workout in a time crunch. It involves repeating a series of exercises back to back with little to no rest. Circuits can be strength-based (anaerobic), cardio-based (aerobic), or a mix of the two.
This build your own body weight circuit is strength-based, but it will surely get your heart rate up!
Ready to feel that full body burn?
1. Choose 3 upper body exercises
2. Choose 3 lower body exercises
3. Create your circuit
Order exercises, alternating between upper body and lower body moves. Begin with the easiest exercises and finish with the most difficult.
4. Perform your circuit 3 times through, resting 1-2 minutes between circuits.
- Circuit 1: Perform 20 reps of each exercise as slowly and controlled as you can.
- Circuit 2: Complete 20 reps of each exercise, resting as little as possible between each exercise.
- Circuit 3: Perform each exercise for 1 minute, completing as many reps as possible in that time.