Not only does cinnamon add a sprinkle of sweetness to any dish, it also adds a dash of health benefits.
Cinnamon is typically celebrated for its antioxidant properties. In lab studies, several chemicals in this spice have been shown to bind to free radicals – toxic molecules in our bodies that are responsible for aging, cellular damage, promoting disease.
Similar lab studies also show that certain compounds in cinnamon can help reduce total and LDL (or bad) cholesterol, triglycerides, and blood pressure, and increase insulin sensitivity and balance blood sugar levels,.
Because of this, cinnamon often makes the cut when we’re talking about superfoods. Regardless, of whether cinnamon will cure your ailments, I think it’s safe to say that you have nothing to lose by spicing up your diet.
Consider these 20 recipes a kickstart to getting your cinnamon buds swirlin’:
- This cinnamon raisin chia pudding will be ready for you in the morning
- Bake your brekkie with this apple cinnamon baked oatmeal recipe
- This maple cinnamon breakfast trail mix is perfectly portable
- Freshen up with this pear walnut salad with maple cinnamon dressing
- This easy pumpkin soup is far from basic
- Find comfort in healthy cinnamon skillet apples
- Warm up with a bowl of mole chicken chili
- These honey-cinnamon glazed carrots quite literally glisten
- Fire up the grill with these cinnamon steak skewers
- This apple-cinnamon pork loin is a crowd pleaser
- Munch of these sweet n’ savory sweet potato fries
- This cinnamon quinoa bake doesn’t even taste healthy
- Sip on this cinnamon roll iced latte
- This roasted cinnamon lemon chicken is unlike anything you’ve tried before
- Take things to the next level with a bolognese sauce with cloves and cinnamon
- These vegan snickerdoodles are sinfully sweet
- Get stuck on these ooey, gooey paleo cinnamon rolls
- This healthy brown rice pudding just screams seconds
- Crave this vegan cinnamon coffee cake loaf
- This mashed plantain with cinnamon side is the (variety) spice of life