Your company’s budget for 2017 is set.
But, have you budgeted for the additional cost of unhealthy employees?
1 in 10 of your employees will develop a chronic condition this year.
Employees with a chronic disease cost your company 3x – 5x more in medical costs, and account for hundreds of millions of days of absenteeism and decreased productivity each year.
Here are 10 surprising stats you need to know about your employee health in 2017.
- 1 in 2 of your employees has one or more chronic conditions.
- 1 in 4 of your employees has two or more chronic conditions.
- 2 in 3 of your employees are at risk of developing heart disease or type 2 diabetes.
- 10% of at-risk individuals will develop a chronic condition if you don’t address the problem.
- You pay 3x more in medical costs for an employee with type 2 diabetes ($12,000) vs. a healthy employee ($4,000) each year.
- Type 2 diabetes accounts for 15 million absent work days, 120 million work days with reduced productivity, and 107 million workdays lost due to diabetes-related unemployment each year.
- Investing in prevention improves productivity and lower healthcare costs.
- For every $1.00 spent on prevention, $5.60 is saved in health spending.
- Your current employee-sponsored weight loss program has low participation, minimal engagement, an average weight loss of 1%, and nearly everyone gains the weight back within 12 months.
- Noom’s mobile health platform delivers 16-week intensive programs with human coaches that produce 7% sustained weight loss, and prevent and manage chronic conditions.
If you want to learn how to improve your employees’ health, boost their productivity and dramatically reduce your healthcare costs, then request a demo today!