Noom now syncs step, weight, blood pressure, and blood glucose data with a variety of health and fitness apps!
Here’s a list:
MISSING DATA OR SEEING SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN YOU’D EXPECT? A FEW TIPS:
• Make sure that your wearable’s associated app is showing the most up-to-date values.
• Syncing takes a bit of time since Noom’s servers are constantly getting in touch with servers from other apps. We’re sorry for any delay and thanks for your patience!
• If you delete data in another app, it won’t automatically get deleted in Noom.
To sync data from another app with your Noom account, please follow the steps below:
1. Open the Noom app.
2. Tap the icon in the upper left corner.
3. Select ‘Settings’.
4. Scroll down to ‘Apps & Devices’.
5. Select ‘Connect additional devices’.
6. You’ll see a list of apps that you can connect with Noom. Find the app you want to sync and press the ‘Connect’ button to begin.
7. You’ll be prompted to login with your account credentials associated with the other app.
8. Once you’ve logged in, you’ll see that your other app is now connected with Noom in the list of available apps.
9. If you’d like to sync steps from this other app, go to Noom’s Settings and in the ‘Apps & Devices’ section, select ‘Choose steps data source’.
10. Find and select the other app that you’d like to pull steps data from the list.
11. In order for Noom to pull steps data, make sure that your wearable’s associated app is showing the most up-to-date values.
12. Once you’ve confirmed the proper values are appearing in the other app, you’ll see the steps data within a few minutes.
Note: Syncing takes a bit of time since Noom’s servers are constantly getting in touch with servers from other apps. We’re sorry for any delay and thanks for your patience!