If you’re experiencing undesirable behavior while using Noom, there are some troubleshooting methods to try that might solve the problem:
Sometimes your Noom App just needs a quick restart.
- Double tap the home button quickly > find Noom (you may need to swipe right or left to see it) > swipe up to close.
- After you’ve force-closed the app please reopen. If the problem persists, please move on to the next troubleshooting method.
Check to make sure you’re on the latest version of the app:
How do I know if I’m on the latest version of Noom?
1. Open the ‘App Store’ app on your iPhone > select ‘Updates’ (on the bottom right corner) > scroll up or down to find Noom.
2. To the right you will either see the word ‘Update’ meaning you need to update to the latest version, or ‘Open’ which means you are running the latest version of Noom and an update is not available.
3. If you see ‘Update’ please select it to update to the latest version and then restart your phone.
The newest version of the app will contain plenty of bug fixes, so hopefully this solves your problem. If there is no option to update, please move on to the last troubleshooting method.
Uninstall and reinstall the Noom App:
Please note that after a reinstall, our servers normally restore your data. However, there is a rare chance you could lose some. Unfortunately, this is non-avoidable as a last resort in an attempt to resolve your issue, but please know we cannot restore any missing data and deeply apologize if this occurs. Make sure not to disturb Noom when your data is being retrieved from the servers – this can help to prevent data loss!First, force-close out of Noom and all background-running apps. On your device, double tap the home button quickly > find Noom (you may need to swipe right or left to see it) > swipe up on Noom and all apps shown to close them.
- Next, uninstall the app. Find Noom’s icon (the golden sun) on your home screen > tap and hold it until it begins to shake > you will see an ‘x’ in the upper left corner of the square icon, tap this to uninstall it.
- Restart your device by holding down its power button and then “slide to turn off” as the screen says. Wait for the device to fully turn off, then press and hold the power button again to turn it back on.
- Once it’s back up, reinstall Noom. Open the App Store on your device > use the Search function (located in the bottom right corner) to find ‘Noom Healthy Weight Loss & More’ *the icon is a sun, not a heart! > tap ‘Install’ or the icon of a cloud (to the right of the app listing) > you will see the word ‘Open’ when Noom has finished installing. Open Noom.
- Once Noom is open, select the ‘Login now’ link to the bottom right of the welcome page > choose your login method and sign in with your password and email. Once you are logged in please check to see if the issue is still occurring.
If you are still experiencing the problem after trying these troubleshooting methods, please reach out to our friendly Support Team by filling out our contact form. Please try to include as many details as possible in your messages especially the model/type of your device, as this will help us to better understand and troubleshoot your issue.