If you’re experiencing undesirable behavior while using Noom, there are some troubleshooting methods to try that might solve the problem:
Sometimes your Noom App just needs a quick restart.
- Hold down the home button of your Android device until a list of your currently open apps displays (if holding the home button doesn’t do this, try tapping the overview button) > find Noom (you may need to swipe right or left to see it) > swipe up to close.
- After you’ve force-closed the app please reopen. If the problem persists, please move on to the next troubleshooting method.
Check to make sure you’re on the latest version of the app:
How do I know if I’m on the latest version of Noom?
1. Open ‘Google Play Store’ app on your Android phone.
- Tap the three horizontal lines aka ‘hamburger menu’ on the left within your search bar and select My apps & games
- Look under the ‘Updates Available’ section and if you see Noom listed with an ‘Update’ button to the right of it then an update is available!
The newest version of the app will contain plenty of bug fixes, so hopefully this solves your problem. If there is no option to update, please move on to the last troubleshooting method.
Uninstall and reinstall the Noom app:
Please note that after a reinstall, our servers normally restore your data. However, there is a rare chance you could lose some. Unfortunately, this is non-avoidable as a last resort in an attempt to resolve your issue, but please know we cannot restore any missing data and deeply apologize if this occurs. Make sure not to disturb Noom when your data is being retrieved from the servers – this can help to prevent data loss!First, force-close out of Noom and all background-running apps. On your device, double tap the home button quickly > find Noom (you may need to swipe right or left to see it) > swipe up on Noom and all apps shown to close them.
- First hold down the home button of your Android device until a list of your currently open apps displays (if holding the home button doesn’t do this, try tapping the overview button) > find Noom (you may need to swipe right or left to see it) > swipe up or right to close Noom, as well as swipe all apps shown or tap “Close All” to close all other background-running programs.
- Next, clear the cache and data to Noom. To do this, go to your device’s App list > Settings > Apps > Noom > Storage > tap Clear Data.
- Uninstall Noom – Android ver. 8 and up (new versions) – Find the Noom app icon and long press it > select Uninstall from the pop up menu
For older versions – Open the Google Play Store app > Tap the three horizontal lines aka ‘hamburger menu’ on the left within your search bar and select My apps & games > tap Noom in the list of apps and select Uninstall
- Power your device off and back on again.
- Return to the Google Play Store and re-download Noom.
- Once Noom is open, select the ‘Login now’ link to the bottom right of the welcome page > choose your login method and sign in with your password and email. Once you are logged in please check to see if the issue is still occurring.
If you are still experiencing the problem after trying these troubleshooting methods, please reach out to our friendly Support Team by filling out our contact form. Please try to include as many details as possible in your messages especially the model/type of your device, as this will help us to better understand and troubleshoot your issue.