Crock pots are a great option for quick, easy, low calorie meals to help make healthy living easier! Traditionally crock pots are known for making soups, stews, chilis, curries, and other one pot meals. Crock pots can also be used to prepare meats, beans, legumes, veggies, oatmeal, rice, quinoa, and other grains. While most crock pot recipes take a few hours to cook, the prep and clean up times are usually minimal.
- 1 Low Calorie Crock Pot Recipes
- 2 What’s the difference between a crock pot and a slow cooker?
- 3 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
- 4 High Protein Crock Pot Recipes
- 5 Low-fat Slow Cooker Recipes
- 6 Diet Crock Pot Recipes
- 7 Weight Loss Crock Pot Recipes
- 8 The perfect recipe for weight loss
Low Calorie Crock Pot Recipes
Here are our top 8 picks that delicious and nutritious, coming it at under 300 calories per serving:
- Crock pot maple cinnamon steel cut oatmeal: This delicious recipe is sweetened with maple syrup and is perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast to keep you full until lunch!
- Slow cooker mediterranean frittata: Breakfast just got a whole lot simpler with this flavorful frittata recipe. Prep it at night and it’ll be ready to eat in the morning.
- Crock pot chicken noodle soup: Don’t wait to be sick to make this delicious chicken noodle soup recipe! At 245 calories per serving, this hearty soup is a light and satisfying lunch.
- Slow cooker turkey chili: Your favorite superbowl dish got a healthy makeover. We promise it doesn’t taste healthy!
- Mexican stuffed peppers: Take a trip across the border with this delicious, nutritious dish. Top it with sour cream and avocado and you’ve got yourself the perfect meal.
- Crock pot low-fat beef stew: Enjoy this veggie-packed, lightened up crock pot classic.
- Slow cooker jambalaya: This crock pot jambalaya recipe packs on the flavor without the calories.
- Triple berry crisp: Slow cooker dessert? Yes, please. Add a scoop of low-fat vanilla ice cream and it still comes in at under 300 calories!
What’s the difference between a crock pot and a slow cooker?
A “crock pot” is a type of slow cooker which is most often made of ceramic or porcelain, while slow cookers traditionally have a metal pot. “Crock pot” describes a brand of slow cooker that has come to dominate the market.
Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
Crock pots and slow cookers are both used to make easy lunches and dinners for the week, or serve a big family or dinner party, hassle-free! While crock pots and slow cookers take several hours to produce a finished dish, very little effort is required on your end — but, you could probably trick your family into thinking you spent hours slaving away in the kitchen, though. When choosing healthy recipes, look for recipes that are low in calories, low in fat, high in protein and fiber, and contain few ingredients but lots of herbs and spices.
High Protein Crock Pot Recipes
If weight loss is your goal, opt for high protein crock pot recipes featuring chicken, beef, seafood, or your favorite vegetarian protein. These high protein recipes will keep you full and satisfied while helping you reach your healthy goals.
Chicken Crock Pot Recipes
- Slow cooker greek chicken
- Crock pot chicken fajitas
- Carolina style vinegar BBQ chicken
- Healthy crock pot chicken parmesan
- Slow cooker chicken tikka masala
Beef Crock Pot Recipes
- Slow cooker bolognese
- Beef and broccoli
- Slow cooker carne asada
- Crock pot beef stew
- Slow cooker beef chili
Seafood Crock Pot Recipes
- Coconut cilantro curry shrimp
- Slow cooker salmon with lemon and dill
- Hearty crock pot fish stew
- Fire roasted tomato shrimp tacos
- Seafood cioppino
Vegetarian Crock Pot Recipes
- 10-hour chana masala
- Spicy slow cooker black bean soup
- 10 ingredient slow cooker bean & quinoa chili
- Detox crock pot lentil soup
- Vegetarian lentil tortilla soup
Low-fat Slow Cooker Recipes
Let’s face it — fat adds flavor. Since slow cookers cook food throughout the day or overnight, over several hours, this allows the natural flavors of foods to come out, as well as the flavors from herbs and spices to amplify. These slow cooker staples are low-fat and high protein, but don’t skimp out on flavor:
- Whole chicken
- Slow cooker turkey breast
- Easy pot roast
- Lemon & herb cod
- Slow cooker garlic shrimp
- Low-fat vegetable soup
- Low-fat white bean stew
Diet Crock Pot Recipes
No matter what your taste preferences or dietary restrictions, you can find a crock pot recipe to suit any diet. From gluten-free to paleo to keto, here are the best diet-friendly crock pot recipes out there:
Gluten-free Crock Pot Recipes
People who follow a gluten-free diet avoid foods that contain gluten, which is found in wheat, rye, and barley. What these crock pot recipes lack in gluten, they make up for in flavor!
- Slow cooker mexican spaghetti squash
- Vegan & gluten-free vegetable bean soup
- Gluten-free slow cooker eggplant parmesan
- Slow cooker chicken enchilada casserole
- Gluten-free slow cooker chicken pho
Paleo Crock Pot Recipes
No grains? No sugar? No dairy? No problem! With these delicious paleo crock pot recipes, you’ll never miss out!
- Easy crock pot bone broth
- Paleo chicken zoodle soup
- Crock pot cajun chicken sausage chili
- Paleo stuffed peppers
- Whole 30 italian wedding soup
Keto Crock Pot Recipes
Keto followers eat foods that are low carb, high fat, and moderate protein. These crock pot recipes make giving up carbs simple!
- Keto low carb chili
- Low carb lasagna
- Crock pot shrimp scampi
- Sugar-free BBQ pulled chicken
- Spaghetti squash & meatballs
Weight Loss Crock Pot Recipes
Crock pots are a great option to help you make healthy meals with less effort, and a great option to batch cook and meal prep for the week. Double, triple, or quadruple your favorite recipe, and have nutritious, delicious meals ready to grab-and-go throughout the week. Talk about fast food!
The perfect recipe for weight loss
When it comes to reaching your health goals, getting started with a crock pot or a slow cooker, or any other appliance that can make healthy eating more convenient and tastier is a great place to start. When it comes to making healthy eating a habit, it’s important to have the psychological tools to break your old habits and replace them with new ones, and the support you need to stay accountable. Noom’s psychology-based weight loss program is the perfect recipe for reaching your health goals. See for yourself with Noom’s 14-day trial.